Sunday 17 March 2013

Something Different From The Chatsworth Vintage Collection



Hello Everyone,
What a day, I havent had the internet all day, as there are repairs being carried out in my area. Its back on for now so I will have to be quick about this post in case I lose connection again!

I wanted to make something different and I have had a book of beautiful Chatsworth Vintage Papers and matching Stamps for quite a while now, so I made this card from their papers and stamps.

The papers are beautiful and have a linen texture to them. I have used only the stamps to create the centre piece and the greeting and my spellbinders dies to cut them out. The interior of the card is also made from the same paper and designed to match the front of the card. The beautiful florals are mainly from Wild Orchid and added just a few to keep it simple and clean, as my Magnolia Cards usually have lots of different florals and other embellishments, so this was a also a change for me.

The backing paper appears more purple in the photo than it actually is, the backing paper is more of a burgundy, not purple as it appears, very stange, as the rest of the colours are true to the card!

I have hand stitched the bow and the sentiment is mounted on a Tim Holtz Pin, the lovely charm has a deep burgundy centre and fits the theme & pattern very well.

I hope that you like this card, I enjoyed making it myself lol !

Thank you for popping by my little blog.

Cuddles Jay x

Wild Orchid Sketch Challenge

4 craftychicks clean and simple challenge


1 comment:

  1. Such a striking card, love the rich colours and fab matching paper.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave me your lovely comments, I read each and every one and they really do make my day!
Cuddles Jay xxx